Professional Political Experience
Special Assistant to the President (Dr. Heidi Hartmann), Institute for Women’s Policy Research, Washington, DC, 2006-2010.
- Provided research assistance on issues such as older women’s economic security; women’s status in the states; the wage gap; paid leave; child care; and women’s political leadership.
- Provided assistance on the development of grant proposals.
Special Assistant to the Executive Director of Public Policy, Alliances, and Innovation, Citizen Schools, Boston, MA 2005-2006
- Planned events including legislative briefings and State House Advocacy Days.
- Created materials such as fact sheets, talking points, e-briefs, and action alerts.
- Maintained and developed relationships with legislators and legislative staff throughout the budget process.